Monday, November 21, 2011

SCENARIO - Buying a New Car

SCENARIO - I am a single male, living in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, aged 37. I love the outdoors and politics, and I drive like a military commander with my friends to Brightwater, for the summer. I work as a teacher for a $75,000 salary per year. I am willing to spend between $15,000 and $30,000 for my new vehicle that suits my needs.








2012 Jeep Patriot

Price Range From: $17,995 To: $26,495
http://www.thecarmagazine.com/new-model-prices.asp?id=20115412&cr=1
Freight: $1,400

Summary of 2012 Jeep Patriot
I believe that this vehicle will suit me, since it will convey a sense of power, a sense of responsibility, and a sense that students must respect me, and so do the students. This Jeep Patriot also will provide enough room for me and my friends in the summer, when I go to Brightwater, due to the fact that the valley is beautiful. I really hope that this vehicle will be good, and willing for me to do its job. Its reliability however 3.5 out of 5 stars, so while this car may suit me and looks like perfect, it may not be really reliable for me. However, it looks really good, like a military vehicle. How else can it call itself a Jeep without some military-style "zazz?" It just appears to be a great vehicle, for some tinpot dictator. So, why can't I get one? Tell that to the ratings system, and how much this car is reliable...







2012 Jeep Wrangler

http://www.thecarmagazine.com/new-model-prices.asp?id=20115401&cr=1
From: $22,595 To: $32,495
Freight: $1,400

Summary of 2012 Jeep Wrangler

This Jeep Wrangler is also suited really well to the needs of myself and look like I am even more of a commander with this theme. It can easily make me look like a commander, if I had the Canadian plates to prove it. But since I only have Saskatchewan plates, it still fits my needs however. 2 stars for overall performance and design and 3.5 stars, for reliability. The high price also burdens me, because it could plunge me into debt for a few years, just solely due to the price. That car may be good, but it is a little too much, at $32,495 for the Rubicon edition. Bleh. It looks really classical, a good military-esque vehicle and to impose the relation of a commander to soldiers, to salute to the people. The students would definitely bow down to me with that. I, will definitely buy this one, if it were not for the hefty price tag, on the high end. However, it still looks like a symbol of power, one to lead tanks in a military parade somewhere in Canada, and may make it look like a security vehicle in some foreign leader's motorcade. This vehicle is really good and useful, in the long term. Right now, it is TOO much. I cannot risk plunging deep into debt.



2011 Toyota Corolla

http://www.thecarmagazine.com/new-model-prices.asp?id=20114501&cr=1
(okay, 2011, but many seem to be 2011 anyways, so will use that)

From: $15,450 To: $24,795
Freight: $1,340

Summary of 2011 Toyota Corolla

This 2011 Toyota Corolla is pretty much a good vehicle for me, since it seems to serve the purpose of a strong car, hidden in the covers of a weak, puny, city car. It may not look like it is for me, but it looks good, strong and easy to understand. This car, is mine, belonging to me. It has all the functions that no Jeep can have, and looks friendly, understanding equality of students and teachers. But, this car is really reliable, surprisingly, and the initial quality is really good. But, 3.5 stars is where functionality has occured, and placed. So, it may be useful but with not a lot of care, it will fall. But if maintained, it will last a long time. While my parents had owned a 1994 Toyota Corolla, this Corolla is really useful, and even releases the panther. It runs as smooth as "molasses" in January, claiming a tiny car, into a magnificent beast, small but powerful. It will definetly be a good vehicle until the end. Lets just hope I do not get ripped off, by saying, "I want this 2011 Toyota Corolla!", lest they catch me, and rip me off, even in interest rate.

Decision

Thus, in the end, I chose the Toyota Corolla, after much debate with how reliable it is, and its design. I hope that this Toyota Corolla will last several years, until it breaks, and then will recycle the parts. Good for the environment, after all. I really hope that when my job is successful, maybe I would try a Jeep instead, that actually functions well.

No comments:

Post a Comment